Austen is the Managing Director of me-too.net ltd, he founded the company in 2000 with the aim of enabling smaller UK businesses to become more competitive by helping them to realise operational efficiencies and marketing advantages offered by technology in its many different guises.
He has an M.Eng in Manufacturing & Management from UMIST and obtained his PhD in MRP II System Implementation while working for a UK ERP software house. Austen has also worked for several universities and latterly he project managed the development and implementation of a supply chain management system and a project management system in a medium-sized manufacturing company. Austen has had papers published in journals and at international conferences on subjects that reflect his prime areas of interest:
- ERP software implementation
- Change Management in UK SMEs
- Implementing Production Management and Planning Systems
- Implementing Supply Chain Management Systems (SCM)
- Specifying bespoke software to boost business performance
Austen is a Chartered Engineer (C.Eng) and a Member of the following professional institutes and organisations:
- Institute of Operations Management (MIOM)
- Chartered Management Institute (MCMI)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
Enjoys squash and cycling.
Austen has recently achieved an M.Res degree in business performance improvement techniques including search engine optimisation and in 2006 became a Google Qualified Individual in Google’s “Advertising Professional Programme”.