Systems integration brings a company’s hardware and software solutions together so that all aspects of the business may communicate and work together seamlessly. This gives managers and staff greater access to the kind of information required for enhanced decision making and better coordinated activity.
As a brief example, a company that requests our services may have several departments, each with their own computer running an Access database or Excel spread sheet. We will analyse the data stored and transactions performed by each department in order to develop an overall schema for the company.
Using demo data, the schema is tested and verified. Then data from each department is transformed into the new format and loaded into the new system for further testing – This is a small scale version of the data warehouse practice known as extract transfer and load (ETL). In this case the ETL is from subsystems based on Access or Excel to an overall system, probably based on SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle.
The company’s staff are trained in the use of the new system and both old and new solutions may be run in parallel for a while to ensure congruity. Once the company is happy with the new system it is made live.
Systems integration does not necessarily involve the wholesale clear out of all hardware and software in which the customer has invested. SQL server can have a front end developed in Access and a PC that can run Excel standalone will be adequate for querying an SQL database over the LAN. We develop complete bespoke systems for customers with front ends in .net or C++ but this is not always wanted or required. We will listen to what you want and adapt the system to suit.
Systems Integration and API Technologies
In an increasingly interconnected digital landscape, the ability to seamlessly integrate various software systems and services is crucial for businesses to maximise efficiency and streamline operations. At me-too.net, our team of skilled developers and integration experts are well-versed in the latest technologies and best practices for systems integration and API development. In this section, we will explore the key technologies we employ in systems integration and how they contribute to the success of our clients’ projects.
APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) are essential for enabling seamless communication and data exchange between different software systems. Our team is experienced in creating custom APIs using a variety of technologies and protocols, such as:
- RESTful APIs: Representational State Transfer (REST) is a widely adopted architectural style for designing networked applications. Our developers are proficient in building RESTful APIs that adhere to best practices, ensuring scalability, reliability, and ease of integration.
- GraphQL: As a modern query language and runtime for APIs, GraphQL enables clients to request precisely the data they need, reducing the amount of data transferred over the network. Our team is skilled in building GraphQL APIs that provide flexible and efficient data access for client applications.
Third-Party API Integration
In addition to developing custom APIs, our team is also experienced in integrating third-party APIs to extend the functionality of our clients’ applications. Some examples of third-party API integration include:
- Social media APIs: By integrating with APIs from platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, we can enhance our clients’ applications with social media features such as authentication, sharing, and user profile data.
- Payment gateway APIs: Integrating with popular payment gateway APIs, such as Stripe, PayPal, and Braintree, enables our clients to accept secure and seamless online payments within their applications.
- Geolocation APIs: Incorporating APIs from services like Google Maps and OpenStreetMap allows us to add location-based features, such as mapping, address lookup, and route planning, to our clients’ applications.
Middleware and ETL Tools
Middleware and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools are essential for streamlining data integration and ensuring data consistency across multiple systems. Our team is experienced in using a variety of middleware and ETL tools, such as:
- Apache Kafka: As a distributed streaming platform, Apache Kafka enables high-throughput, fault-tolerant, and scalable data streaming and processing. Our developers are skilled in using Kafka for real-time data ingestion and integration, ensuring seamless data flow between systems.
- Talend: As a popular ETL and data integration platform, Talend provides a wide range of tools and connectors for working with various data sources and formats. Our team leverages Talend’s capabilities to design, test, and deploy data integration processes that ensure data quality and consistency across our clients’ systems.
In conclusion, our expertise in a wide range of systems integration and API technologies ensures that we can deliver seamless, efficient, and scalable solutions that enable our clients to harness the full potential of their software ecosystem. By staying abreast of industry trends and adopting the latest integration technologies, we provide our clients with cutting-edge solutions that drive operational efficiency and support their business growth.
The cost of systems integration services from me-too.net depend on how complex your business is but we are sure that you will find us most competitive. If you would like to take advantage of a free consultation and quote, please call us on the number given, or email us using the “Contact Us” page. If the information we need to discuss is sensitive we are happy to sign a nondisclosure agreement. We look forward to hearing from you soon.